Wireless printing has to boom the market, almost every renowned brand has introduced air printing feature in its devices, so how can HP leave the race. The brand offers a very powerful wireless printing in almost every latest model. With this, one can connect a number of devices without moving them near to the printer, just connect using the wireless network. In order to assist the users, HP customer support number is readily available for an effortless wireless printing.
The best thing with HP wireless printers are their connectivity potential such as it can work seamlessly with Android and iOS devices. But you are not able to connect HP printers with your Mobile devices. Here are few basics factors which you need to take into account:
This is how you can troubleshoot the error related to the connectivity of your mobile device with Hp wireless printers:
Use the HP service plugin:
- It is important to connect both the devices i.e. your printer and mobile phone on the same network, this is the basic rule of wireless printing.
- You can install the service plugin from the app store of your device.
- Now once the installation is completed, you can run it on your device.
- This is how you can use it:
- For the beginners, wipe the home screen in downwards motion and explore the notification bar.
- From notification board, go to the HP Inc. services installed.
- If you already have installed the service plugin, in order to update the plugin, go to the Settings>>More>>More Networks>> More Settings>> NFC and Sharing>> Print.
- Go to the HP Inc. Service installed or HP Inc. and click ON
- If any other plugin is interrupting, close it.
Now print using the plugin:
- Click on the page you want to print, click on the three dots and tap on Print.
- Now get the preview of the item you want to print.
- Now click on the downward arrow and select the printer on which you want to send the printing command.
- You can modify the printer settings by clicking on the downward arrow and then tap on Print icon.
What if unable to print?
If the printer isn’t printing after connecting with your Android devices, there must be something hindering the printing process. Check the following factors before performing any troubleshooting process:
- Check the network connection on your Android device: Go to the Wi-Fi settings and check the network settings and change the settings if required. Also, make sure that your network password is correctly entered.
- Check the printer and network settings: make sure your printers are connected to the same network on which your Android device is connected. Also make sure the printer is not on Sleep Mode, turned off or on power saving mode.
- Check the cable connection: Make sure the Network or Ethernet cable is connected to your printer and the green light blinking in a steady
- It is advisable to use the supporting app for printing.
- If the network connecting isn’t steady enough to initiate printing, moving printer and router closer can help.
Clear the Cache:
- Go to the Android device and then click on Settings and select the Applications.
- Click on Show system apps.
- Now go to the list and select Print Spooler.
- Alternatively, go to the Storage and click Print Spooler.
- Select, Clear cache and then clear data.
- Now click on the Menu and then
If you aren’t able to troubleshoot the issues which are preventing you to print them with your mobile device or your wireless printer isn’t responding to your Android device, contact HP printer phone number, and get the support from experts.