HP printers are made up of high-end components and work efficiently in every atmosphere. Nevertheless, we cannot deny the fact that some invited issues are always waiting at the edge to find their way towards your device. Sometimes you cannot even detect the issues, but all of sudden your printer stops printing without any prior intimation. Usually, it happens when your printer is offline. There is no particular rule to resolve the offline errors in HP printer and hence there is an array of things you can try to resolve the offline error in your Printer:
- Restart your printer: Rebooting your device will let the device retain its original settings and form. Therefore shut down your printer for few minutes and start it again to bring it online.
- Check the printer’s connection with your computer: Make sure your printer is connected to your computing device because network connectivity is a major factor to ensure the proper functioning of laptop devices.
- Use administration rights: To recover your printer from offline mode, one must log in with the account which has “Manage Printer” option. At least local administrator rights are important.
- Now select “devices and printer” by clicking on the Start
- Right click on the option of “Printers” and click on “See what’s printing” to open the spooler.
- Open the printer and uncheck the “Use Printer offline” option. Make sure the status changes to online.
If your printer is not leaving the offline zone, the below-mentioned steps can be helpful:
- Get back to the Drivers and printers after closing the spooling window.
- Go to the official website of product to download the right drivers for your printer.
- Now follow the on-screen prompt to install and run the drivers on your computer.
If this method is not useful in your case, try the alternative way:
- Go to Control panel after clicking Start
- Now search for “troubleshooter” using the comprehensive search at the top right corner.
- Tap on the troubleshooting link to recover the HP printer offline issue.
- Now under the section of Hardware and Sound, click on “Use a printer”.
- Now provide the prompted commands and let the troubleshooter diagnose and resolve the issue.
Use HP Print and Scan doctor:
The HP offers its troubleshooting tool which is available at the official website of HP. One can get it for free. Follow the given steps to resolve the offline error of your printer.
- Download and Install HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Now run the .exe file for HPPSdr where the downloaded files have been saved.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor and click Start.
- Choose the printer from the list.
- Use Fix printing link to start the repairing.
If in any case, all these solutions aren’t capable of resolving your problem, there are few of other things you can try:
Check your wireless connection:
It is important that both your printing and computing devices share the same network, or else you won’t be able to print on your wireless printers. Also, if you are using any guest or host network make sure you fulfill the login and security requirements on initiate printing on an alien network.
Update the firmware:
One must update the HP printer as it releases regular updates. The outdated version can interfere with the wireless or wired connection and promotes the Offline error in HP printer.
Contact HP Printer Experts:
The sometimes offline issue becomes stubborn with the course of time and the troubleshooting becomes harder than ever in such scenarios calling HP printer customer support is advisable, because sometimes manual efforts can worsen the situation. So one should not spare time o temporary methods and readily call experts for an appropriate solution.